It starts here.
Dakar Academy is a college preparatory, co-educational boarding and day school for grades Pre-K through 12. Located in the heart of Senegal's capital city, Dakar, DA provides a quality elementary and secondary education from a Christian perspective utilizing a North American curriculum. Instruction is in English with the exception of French language classes which are offered in grades 1-12. The Academic Calendar begins in August and ends in June.
Did you know?
- 261. The number of students enrolled for the 2018-2019 school year.
- 85% of DA graduates go on to attend a four-year college.
- 1961. The year that DA was established.
- 29 nationalities are represented in the student body.
- 87% of DA's AP students score 3, 4, or 5 on AP exams.
- 20% of DA's students are enrolled in DA's campus living program.
Dakar Academy will enroll students without regard to color, race, religion or creed who either speak English as a native language or are able to obtain the Limited English Proficiency level on the IDEA Oral Language Test. A student whose level is only LEP shall be required to participate in the English as a Second Language program.